SEL is a Prep-6 program, where students engage in explicit learning opportunities as a means of building their social and emotional capacity. At SPC we value family partnerships. The SEL program supports families by providing learning opportunities that promote deep understanding of SEL competencies, development of strategies and consolidation and reinforcement of social and emotional skills.
The SEL Competencies include Self-Awareness, Self-Management, Relationship Skills, Responsible
Decision Making and Social Awareness.
There are 3 cycles of SEL throughout the year. Each specialist cycle runs for 13 weeks, Prep-6.
Class teachers facilitate the program alongside me, if I am not taking their class in a particular cycle.
The cycles each have a focus.
- Building Positive Relationships (Terms 1 and 2)
- Bounce Back: Being Resilient (Terms 2 and 3)
- Be Safe: Safety for ourselves and others (Terms 3 and 4)
This term SPC continues to focus on Safety at home, school, in the community and online.
Cycle Three: Safety for ourselves and others.
- Identifying what being Safe looks like, sounds like and feels like
- Demonstrating Safe behaviours
- Learning to be a Safe and respectful online
- Learning to be Safe at home, school and in the community
- Working collaboratively with others
Further queries please feel free to contact me.
Student Wellbeing Leader< Back to Articles